[Ohio-Talk] nfb Ohio board application

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:47:42 UTC 2021

Greetings Members of the Ohio affiliate,

you are invited to submit your interest to serve on the board of directors currently we have one position that has come open and if you would like to be considered please fill out the attached form and email the information back to me by April 5th at 5:00 pm.

If you are a member in good standing and believe that you have the ability and skills to serve feel free to fill out the information and get it back to me.

Thank you for your interest in joining the NFB of Ohio’s Board of Directors! Use this form to provide us with useful information about yourself, to ensure the best match between you and our affiliate’s Board of Directors. The following information will be shared.

Name:__________________________________________________________________

Home Phone Number: ______________________

Cell Number:______________________________

Address: ____________________________________________________________________

Email Address (please write it carefully):

Briefly describe your interest in serving on the Board of Directors of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio:

Your current organizational affiliations (names of the organization and your role):

1.  ___________________________________________________________________________

2. ____________________________________________________________________________

3. ____________________________________________________________________________

4. ____________________________________________________________________________

Which of your skills would you most like to use while serving on the Board? Put an X next to those that apply:
Board development ___________
Strategic planning ___________
Staffing / HR ___________
Program development ___________

Financial management ___________
Fundraising ___________
Evaluation ___________
Community networking ___________

Training ___________
Marketing ___________
Volunteer management ___________
Facilities management ___________

Other skill(s) of yours that you would like to utilize? ___________________________________

What would you like to get out of your participation on the Board, e.g., what types of experiences, skills to develop, interests to cultivate, etc.?

If you join the Board, you agree that you can provide at least 2-4 hours a month in attendance to Board and Committee meetings, and that you do not have any conflict-of-interest that would prevent you from serving on the Board.

If you are not selected as a member of the Board, or if you decide not to serve, would you like to volunteer to assist our organization in ways that match your skills and interests?