[Ohio-Talk] Emails to Pelosi and Schumer

Barbara Pierce barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 13:13:03 UTC 2021

Three cheers for Ali for getting his messages out yesterday. I got mine out first thing this morning. If you have not done it yet, please make time to do it today. They go to
Speaker Pelosi:
Terri McCullough, Chief of Staff
terri.mccullough at mail.house.gov <mailto:terri.mccullough at mail.house.gov>

Majority Leader Schumer:
Mike Lynch, Chief of Staff
mike_lynch at schumer.senate.gov <mailto:mike_lynch at schumer.senate.gov>

Copy Jeff Kaloc at jkaloc at nfb.org <mailto:jkaloc at nfb.org>. Here is my message to Schumer’s guy. You can copy it to the clipboard and change it to your name. Then for Pelosi, Change Schumer’s name to Pelosi and the bill number to H.R. 431. Thousands or at least hundreds of us must do this if we are to have a chance to get this language back into the Build Back Better Act. Your subject line should be something like “ Restore the ATAA Language to the Build Back Better Act.” Here is my message:

My name is Barbara Pierce, and I want to urge Majority Leader Schumer to restore the Access Technology Affordability Act (S. 212) into the Build Back Better Act (H.R. 5376). This bill will have a tremendous impact on the lives of blind Americans by improving education, increasing employment opportunities, and increasing overall self-sufficiency.

Thank you,

Barbara Pierce (she, her, hers)
President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.