[Ohio-Talk] NFB National Scholarship and OABS information

Kiehl, Emily (kiehley) kiehley at mail.uc.edu
Thu Nov 18 19:58:38 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

The NFB national scholarship application opens on December 1st of this year for the 2022 scholarship program. Any legally blind student at a recognized US college or university is eligible to apply. The national scholarship program offers many special opportunities to build relationships with leaders in the Federation, meet other outstanding blind students, and to learn and grow as a student leader. The application requires an essay, 2 or 3 letters of recommendation, a school transcript, and a doctor's note validating blindness. I recommend any student to apply, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 813-394-2720 or check out https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-program.

The newly elected board for the Ohio Association of Blind Students is as follows:
President: Emily Kiehl, Vice President: Jackson Schwoebel, Treasurer: Asia Quinones-Evans, Secretary: Sadie McFarland, Board Seat 1: Caroline Karbowski.

Thanks!
Emily Kiehl

Emily Kiehl
University of Cincinnati | 2023
Information Technology - Networking
National Association of Blind Students - Ohio