[Ohio-Talk] A Conversation on Accessible Insulin Pumps on October 28

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 19:44:21 UTC 2021

A Conversation on Accessible Insulin Pumps on October 28
In our effort to continue to work with insulin pump manufacturers to ensure
that nonvisual accessibility is being emphasized as they develop future
technologies, the National Federation of the Blind will be hosting a
conversation with representatives from the Insulet Corporation, the makers
of OmnipodR. We would like to hear from blind and low vision individuals
about the challenges they face, the solutions they may have developed, and
the features they would like to see in the future. Although we are
interested in hearing comments from blind and low vision diabetics in
general, we are especially interested in hearing from individuals who use
the Omnipod specifically.
The conversation will take place on Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
eastern. We will use the Zoom platform, which offers a call-in option as
well. Interested individuals should send an email to Pat Miller,
pmiller at nfb.org <mailto:pmiller at nfb.org> , in order to receive the Zoom
information. Please let us know if you are blind, if you are a diabetic, and
which insulin pump you use, if any.
About Nonvisual Accessibility
Through the National Federation of the Blind, the Center of Excellence in
Nonvisual Access is a concentrated center of expertise, best practices, and
resources that enables businesses, government, and educational institutions
to more effectively provide accessible information and services to the blind
community. Learn more about Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>