[Ohio-Talk] We Will Never Forget from the Community Service Division

NFB Ohio Community Service nfbohiocs at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 15:30:18 UTC 2021

“Remembering September 11th’s horror and its pain can somehow manage to
feel like both yesterday and a long time ago all at once.”

Remembering wears many coats. It arrives in ground zero ceremonies and
moments of silence and prayers upon prayers, both public and private. It
shows itself in folk memorials like those erected at the sides of lonely
roads to mark the sites of traffic deaths. It is embedded in the names of
places, like the road that leads to the Flight 93 memorial — the Lincoln
Highway. It surfaces in the retrieval of “flashbulb memories” — those
where-were-you-when-this-happened moments that stick with us.

People in different parts of the country and world, under vastly different
circumstances, watched the same live camera angles on the same few feeds
and saw the same, now-indelible views of the destruction in the same way.
We experienced it apart, but together.

So, tonight we will come together, unite as one and remember as one. Our
keynote speaker will share their heroin of story of survival as she escaped
from the crumbling towers on September 11th.

Zoom in at 8 o’clock eastern time

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86984306729?pwd=U3JJSXZqenRvNWg4eHRHalhGQmdSZz09
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fj%2F86984306729%3Fpwd%3DU3JJSXZqenRvNWg4eHRHalhGQmdSZz09&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHj0umjeQ-_Md9okkLub_de0Vg10w>

We also encourage everyone to get involved by way of volunteering your time
to serve others today, September 11, National Day of Service and
Remembrance. CSD it’s time to serve! Let’s join forces with AmeriCorps
today! Step forward to serve in a remarkable spirit of unity, honor, and
compassion. Remember, even a small act of service is a giant act of
patriotism.

Looking for more ways to serve.  Double tap on the link, and explore
various opportunities to join the movement.
https://americorps.gov/911-day

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

Community Service Committee

nfbohiocs at gmail.com

 NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>

Community Service Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/communityservicedivision/>

"I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the National
Federation of The Blind because my expectations are raised, my
contributions make a difference to me and to others, and I can celebrate
the realization of my dreams with my Federation family”