[Ohio-Talk] Please Contact Senator Portman Immediately

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 00:54:17 UTC 2021

John Pare writes as follows:

Dear Federation Family:

Congratulations, our hard work has paid off. The provisions of the Access Technology Affordability Act have been included in the reconciliation package currently moving through the House of Representatives. We will keep you apprised of this activity.

In the meantime, we need to move quickly to build cosponsor support for the Access Technology Affordability Act in the Senate. We currently have 24 Senate cosponsors but if we can dramatically increase this number over the next week or two, it would greatly improve our chances of this bill being included in the Senate version of the reconciliation package.

Senator Cardin is the sponsor of the bill.

I interrupt to say that Senator Brown is already a cosponsor. So we must now do all that we can to garner Senator Portman’s support. We need him to cosponsor this legislation.

Whenyou call you might say something like this:
Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME], and I live in [CITY, Ohio]. I would like to urge [SENATOR Portman to cosponsor the Access Technology Affordability Act, S. 212. This legislation removes an employment barrier commonly experienced by blind Americans who cannot afford the high cost of access technology by creating a refundable tax credit in the amount of $2,000 to offset the cost of this technology.

Thanks."

An email could be very similar in message. If you Email, please copy Jeff Kaloc atjkaloc at nfb.org <mailto:jkaloc at nfb.org>. Your calls and emails do make a difference.

 The best person to call or email  in senator Portman’s  office is Sarah Peery sarah_peery at portman.senate.gov <mailto:sarah_peery at portman.senate.gov>

202-224-3353

If we all contact Senator Portman’s office by phone or by Email, I know we can get his support.

Thanks.

Eric