[Ohio-Talk] Dayton Regional Transit

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 03:30:22 UTC 2021

Good evening! I don't usually share work-related things with my Federation
colleagues, but this one impacts all blind people using public transit in
Dayton. The Dayton Regional Transit Authority is experiencing severe staff
shortages because of the impact of COVID-19. In addition, the agency is
experiencing a drop-off in ridership due to COVID. So effective Sunday,
October 3, 2021, they are making several schedule changes that will reduce
some fixed-route services in the Dayton region. Paratransit will only be
slightly impacted as it will see a reduction in hours of operation. region.
All of the details of the changes are in the below article that I just
posted on my Kettering Ohio News website, The Kettering Sentinel.

https://ketteringsentinel.town.news/g/kettering-oh/n/43609/greater-dayton-regional-transit-make-services-changes-will-impact-kettering

For those of you living in or traveling to the Dayton area, I hope you find
this information helpful.

Todd Elzey