[Ohio-Talk] Thinking positive

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Tue Apr 19 23:43:47 UTC 2022

Hello Asia,
I hope you get the job. It sounds very challenging and rewarding. When we help children we receive so much more than we give.
Having cared for children and adults in Respite Care and Special Needs in Foster Care I know some of the challenges faced by the children and those who care for them.
I do not know you personally but you sound like you will be warm and caring.
I have a pet peeve which I will share with you in case you ever have the opportunity to do something for a child in your sphere of Influence. I learned about children whose things were packed up in garbage bags. That is how they were moved. What a message that sends to those who are involved. I always kept small suitcases or small bags for the childrens' clothes. Sometimes I had to put toys in plastic bags if they had a lot of them. I felt that children should be allowed to take their things when they moved to a new home. Some people didn't like that but I didn't care.
I just shared this because I almost cried when a child came to me with garbage bags. When she left she had a new suitcase and her many toys from her grandparents were packed neatly. Of course you understand that I purchased the suitcases.
I know this is off the subject but this affected me so much that I have shared it with others when the opportunity arises.
Colleen Roth