[Ohio-Talk] Reminder of the Board meeting Saturday April 23rd at 10:00 AM

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:56:13 UTC 2022

National federation of the blind of Ohio board of directors meeting agenda
for April 23rd,2022
This meeting will be held at 10:00 am on our normal Ohio zoom platform.

Please be on time and follow the zoom courtesy rules.

NFB Pledge
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Call meeting to order. President Payne

Roll call, Eric Duffy Secretary.

Motion to approve the January minutes and others.

Financial 		report, Todd Elzey, Treasurer.

Chapter division and committee reports presidents and chairs only please.

Mental health, Marianne Denning, member of the board

Newsletter, Barbra Pierce, editor Member of the board.

Legislation, Eric Duffy, Chair

National convention , Vice president Turner, and President Payne.

	National convention donations and grants.

	For the Honor Roll Call:
	Each year affiliates and national divisions make donations to the
funds that help sustain our movement: Kenneth Jernigan Fund, Jacobus
tenBroek Memorial Fund, SUN Fund, and White Cane Fund. Starting in 2021 and
for future years, all affiliates and divisions were asked to make
contributions or pledges starting May 1. Affiliates and divisions should
send an email to let us know the name of the organization, how much it is
contributing to each fund, and when the check is expected to be mailed. We
will collect and track this information as contributions are received. We
ask that all pledges be fulfilled by August 1, 2022. You should make
donations to the Kenneth Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund, and White Cane Fund
payable to National Federation of the Blind, and donations to the Jacobus
tenBroek Memorial Fund payable to that fund. Make sure to put Honor Roll
Call in the memo of any check sent for this purpose, and mail it to 200 East
Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, Attention: Fiscal Services - Roll Call.

	Door Prizes:
We are accepting door prizes for the 2022 National Convention. We request
cash donations so that we can distribute gift cards and gift certificates as
prizes. Cash donations make it easier to create prize groups and to
distribute prizes from one location. Please make your checks payable to
National Federation of the Blind and write Door Prizes in the memo. You
should mail the check to National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells
Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, Attention: Fiscal Services - DP. By addressing
the check this way, we will easily identify it as a door prize and process
it accordingly. You can also send an email to prize at nfb.org
<mailto:prize at nfb.org>  to let us know you are sending a contribution for
the door prizes and the full name of the organization that the contribution
is from. We want to make sure we recognize your organization in our
thank-you list. You can contact Bridgid Burke (bburke at nfb.org
<mailto:bburke at nfb.org>  extension 2271)

Exhibit Do we have items to be considered and if so, who would be willing to
lead?

				Other business.
Adjournment

Zoom Information for Saturday, April 23rd at 10:00 Am EST.
NFB Ohio Zoom:
https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID: 408 185 0851
One tap mobile +1-646-876-9923, 4081850851# US
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abdqTMSdcy

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>