[Ohio-Talk] Assistance with the Gavel Questionnaire

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:12:22 UTC 2022

Ohio Family!

I shared with several members that I had taken the gavel questionnaire last
year and modified it for our chapter  members to be able to contribute. I
was asked if I would share it with everyone.

Hope it helps.

GAVEL QUESTIONNAIRE

Yes / No questions:

1.    Did you sign-up for Newsline in the last year?

2.    Are you and/or your family members on the PAC plan?

Specific Answers Needed:

1.    How are you promoting the goals, philosophy, and activities of the
NFB?

(example: Our chapter president is hosting a monthly radio show and one of
our members created an audio montage for Meet The Blind month)

2.    Civic Activities: Aside from participating in local, state, and
national Federation activities, in what community programs have you been
involved? Be sure to give examples of how each activity demonstrates a
blindness skill or promotes The NFB.

(examples: One member demonstrated the use of the KNFB reader to a person;
one person explained a computer screen-reading program; Two members used
Braille to read scripture in church; Five members used canes and guide dogs
at a town meeting conducted by our member of Congress.)

3.    In what forms of advocacy are you involved?

(example: two members serve on numerous boards regarding disability rights,
services, and transportation.)

4.    How has you interacted with other NFB chapters or divisions during
the past year?

(example: two members donated supplies for a chapter event, two members
provides technical assistance for divisional events.)

List all state-affiliate-sponsored activities in which you have
participated.

(example: One member provided Braille and large print agenda for state
convention, several members serve on committees, divisions, and the board
for the affiliate.)

List all events sponsored by the national organization in which you have
participated this year.

(example: Our president is a team member for the soon to be a national
broadcast radio show, two members attended the Washington seminar training,
and two members sent blankets and words of encouragement for a national
project.)

5.    What fundraising projects has you engaged in on behalf of your local
chapter, during the past year?

Sub-questions:

A. Describe the extent to which you took responsibility for such projects.

B. What role did outside organizations or sighted volunteers play in these
activities?

6. Describe what you have done to promote the legislative initiatives of
the NFB.

(example: could include inviting a public official to a chapter meeting,
writing letters, making phone calls, etc. (

And last question:

6.    How would you describe your chapter?

Sincerely,

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."