[Ohio-Talk] [NFBOH-Cleveland] DAN Meeting and More

Owen McCafferty ojmccaf1963 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 23:12:59 UTC 2022

Thanks Suzanne
Although I’m diagnosed with prediabetes will this meeting also be helpful for me?

Owen

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 5:47 PM, Suzanne Turner via NFBOH-Cleveland <nfboh-cleveland at nfbnet.org> wrote:

<!--#yiv3114493409 _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv3114493409 #yiv3114493409 p.yiv3114493409MsoNormal, #yiv3114493409 li.yiv3114493409MsoNormal, #yiv3114493409 div.yiv3114493409MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv3114493409 a:link, #yiv3114493409 span.yiv3114493409MsoHyperlink {color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv3114493409 span.yiv3114493409EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;color:windowtext;}#yiv3114493409 .yiv3114493409MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;} _filtered {}#yiv3114493409 div.yiv3114493409WordSection1 {}-->
Good Afternoon Presidents, Members and Friends,

Thank you for your support in providing the Diabetes Action Network with promoting healthy living for those who are pre-diabetic, living with diabetes and those who want to stay informed.

The DAN Secretary Wanda Sloan emailed an invitation to all to attend the Diabetes Action Network meeting, and here is further updated information.

As Wanda indicated, this Saturday, February 5th at 1:00 PM, the Ohio DAN meeting will be held on zoom. The agenda and a fun activity is below. For anyone who first submits the correct answers will win an electronic prize from Amazon. If you have members who are not listed on our listserve, please pass this on. We will start taking emails starting at 7:00 PM on Friday. This will give everyone an equal chance to submit their answers. Please alert members not to provide answers until Friday, January 4th at 7:00 PM.

The email address is Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com

DAN is counting on members to offer support to those who may need it to participate!

If someone wants to call me to have the questions  read to them tomorrow. I will be home all day. They must have something to write with or a recorder, and have someone else submit their answers on their behalf.

The agenda is as follows:

1:00 PM -- Call To Order and Welcome

Susan Day, Division President

1:05 PM -- Roll Call of Attendees

Colleen Roth, Board Member

1:10 PM -- Who is the Ohio DAN Division?

Wanda Sloan: DAN Secretary

1:20 PM -- Mission and Dues:

Colleen Roth, DAN Treasurer

1:30 PM -- Objectives and Goals for 2022:

DAN Board of Directors

1:45 PM -- DAN At The National Convention:

2:00 PM -- Introducing The DAN Activity and Winner:

2:15 pm -- Q/A

Date of next meeting:

2:30 PM -- Adjournment:

//

Welcome to the Ohio Diabetes Action Network Fund Activity for February 5, 2022.

All are welcome to participate.

Here are the rules.

1: Ansar the questions with true or false.

2: Submit the fun activity via email at Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com after 7:00 PM on Friday.

3: Please assist members who do not have email if they are wanting to participate. They also can give me a call prior to Friday at 7:00 PM.

4: Be present at the Ohio DAN Meeting on February 5th at 1:00 PM on the Ohio Zoom Platform.

5: The winner will be presented with an electronic Amazon gift card.

6: Along with your answers, add your name, telephone number, and or email.

7: Research your answers and good luck.

Ohio DAN Activity:

How much do you know about eating to prevent and controlling diabetes? Quiz your self on your knowledge on diabetes by answering True or False to the following statements.

T/F: People with diabetes have to avoid sugar altogether.

T/F: People with diabetes need to eat a very special, restrictive diet.

T/F: Some people with diabetes have no symptoms.

T/F: It's common to develop diabetes during pregnancy.

T/F: If your doctor tells you that you have "prediabetes," eventually, you will develop the condition.

T/F” Jean Brown is the National President of DAN.

T/F: blood sugar level or blood glucose, is not the amount of sugar in your blood?

T/F: Diabetes does most often cause nerve damage in your feet or legs.

T/F: Most diabetics aim for a healthy A1C reading at or below 7 percent.

T/F: The NFB Diabetic Action Network Listserve address is, Diabetesactionnetwork-Talk at NFB.ORG

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Susan day, DAN President

(937) 701-8434