[Ohio-Talk] Collecting the history of the Federation

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 14:13:38 UTC 2022

Good morning Ohio NFB family and friends,

I am very excited to tell all of you about a fairly new project that the Federation is working on. As you hopefully read in one of Richard‘s recent emails, each affiliate and national division are being asked to appoint an affiliate historian to start collecting and documenting the important work that that organization is doing. I am very proud and pleased to let all of you know that Richard has asked me to do this very important job. I have already begun collecting and submitting documents to the national centers library. They plan to archive all of this information from affiliates and divisions across the entire Federation. They are looking for chapter and division meeting minutes, affiliate resolutions, all organizational constitutions, newsletters, event information, and other relevant, noteworthy documents. I have recently signed up for all of the Ohio chapter and division list serves, and asked our Board of Directors and chapter and division presidents to make sure that I am copied on any thing that should be archived. In the meantime, I just wanted to let all of you know a about this exciting project. Some of the things that we are doing now, even if they seem like small things, tell the story of our movement. I can imagine years from now, a new generation of Federationists will be looking through the archives and be proud of what we have accomplished here in Ohio.

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.