[Ohio-Talk] H.B. 448

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:15:32 UTC 2022

Good afternoon fellow Federationists:

We hit a milestone this week with H.B. 448 when Representative Brinkman,
the Chair of the Ohio House Insurance Committee started the hearing process
on H.B. 448. Our Bill's sponsor, Representative Richard Brown, presented
compelling testimony in support of the need for accessible prescription
labeling for individuals who are blind. Now it is our turn to tell the Ohio
House Insurance Committee why this bill is so important.

The Committee could call for "Proponent Testimony" as soon as Wednesday,
February 23, 2022. That's next Wednesday. We often get less than 24 hours'
notice on when these hearings will occur. So we need to be prepared in
advance.

We are asking that everyone prepare your written testimony for the H.B. 448
Proponent Testimony hearing and get it to me via email by Monday morning.

This will help move H.B. 448 in two ways. First, it will give us the
testimony that we need to present to the Committee to show the need for
H.B. 448. Second, being able to tell Chairman Brinkman that we have say
20-30 people ready to present Proponent Testimony will encourage him and
the Committee to hold this second hearing as soon as possible.

So please get that written testimony in to me by Monday morning so that we
can build on our positive momentum and keep H.B. 448 moving in the right
direction.  Let Eric or I know if you have any questions or need any
assistance in writing testimony.

Sincerely,

Todd Elzey