[Ohio-Talk] American Heart Association - Taking Care Of Your Heart

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 00:25:35 UTC 2022

Ohio,

For 2022, please take care of your heart!

From, Sharing Solutions,

Ohio Senior Division

///

After more than 18 months into this pandemic, Americans feel overwhelmed and stressed, which negatively impacts cardiovascular health. Heart disease deaths rose significantly in the past year. Cardiovascular diseases remain our greatest health threat, but the pressures of COVID-19 remain top of mind. People are suffering from lower physical health and mental well-being, as well as uncontrolled high blood pressure. Stress from the fallout of the pandemic is amplifying these conditions.

This February, we are uniting for American Heart Month to help Reclaim Your Rhythm to live longer, healthier, fuller lives. Because losing even one mom, brother, friend or neighbor to cardiovascular disease is too many. Poor mental well-being is acritical problem that, if neglected, can lead to serious health complications like heart disease. Today, 1 in 3 Americans report

being worried and more than half of U.S. adults say that COVID-19 has negatively impacted their mental well-being due to worry and stress.

We encourage you to share the below resources to your friends, family, coworkers, and community members. Help them Reclaim their Rhythm this Heart Month! ❤

*	Downloadable Health Fair Resources
*	Healthy for Good Resources <https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-living-infographics>
*	Blood Pressure Tools
*	Heart Disease in Women <https://www.goredforwomen.org/en/about-heart-disease-in-women/signs-and-symptoms-in-women>