[Ohio-Talk] covid test manufacturers say...

c16a19f at sbcglobal.net c16a19f at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 22 05:41:20 UTC 2022

I asked in a previous message whether the home covid tests that we can
request to come to us by mail will be accurate if they have been  frozen in
the outside weather. A google search led me to answers that are somewhat
conflicting.

One manufacturer of the tests says not to store the test kits under 35
degrees Fahrenheit. Another says not to store in temps colder than 59
degrees Fahrenheit.

They recommend that you make sure someone is home at the time when the covid
test kits are delivered to avoid them getting colder than recommended.

Some other sites say that even if the kits freeze, they will probably be
okay as long as you let them get to room temperature before using them.

Just fyi,

Cheryl