[Ohio-Talk] A Special Thanks!

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 16:56:49 UTC 2022

Good morning! I wanted to thank you for all of your support this weekend.
For me this was the type of weekend where you really realize what good
people we have here in the NFB of Ohio.

This weekend was supposed to be spent celebrating my 57th birthday on
Saturday. Several NFB members and friends had planned a little get-together
Friday night. I immensely appreciate the thought and their efforts in
planning that get-together. Unfortunately, it didn't happen because I
became ill on Thursday evening. As it turned out, I tested positive for
COVID-19 on Saturday. This is actually the first time I have been at the
computer since Thursday, and I even had to miss our Washington Seminar
legislative meeting on Saturday (and if you know me at all you know I hate
missing legislative meetings). Anyway, once word leaked out that I was
sick, I have received several emails and text messages with good wishes
from my NFB of Ohio friends. I greatly appreciate all the wishes you have
sent my way. While I haven't felt well at all, it was good to know that I
had such good people pulling for me to get better.

But amazingly, the support didn't end there. On Friday, OOD featured a
story about me and my use of Assistive Technology in my freelance
journalism work. I have also received several messages about this article.
Again I appreciate all of the support. I only hope that the article will
help inspire someone else to find their passion and pursue it, regardless
of whether others may think it is possible for a blind person to do the job.

Finally, as if all that support wasn't great, you guys also added in
numerous birthday wishes via text, emails, and Facebook. Again, I immensely
appreciate all those wishes. It surely wasn't the 57th birthday I was
wishing for, but all those birthday wishes made it a far better one than I
could have hoped for under the circumstances.

It is at times like these that we see who our friends are, and I have seen
this weekend that the NFB of Ohio has great friends. I am proud to call all
of you my friends and to be working side by side with you to change what it
means to be blind in America.

Thank you!

Todd Elzey