[Ohio-Talk] National convention.

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Sat Jul 9 23:21:52 UTC 2022

Hello Richard,
I am enjoying the Convention on Zoom on my mhone or on ny Smart Speaker. It isn't as exciting as the last two years when we were all on Zoom in some ways. In other ways, it's more exciting because we can hear people in person. This is the best Streaming we had before 2020. It made me want to be there in 2023. Dudley even listened when I had it on Lady Angora.
Of course we had to have it really loud for him to hear it.
Of course I missed the Division Meetings and the Exhibit Hall.
In 2009 I was at the Exhibit Hall for ten minutes.
I am afraid that if we made it too easy some people would just stay home.
I do miss hearing what the States Donated and their short reports. That was a very Special part of the Convention. It's too bad that Ryan Strunk ended up with COVID.
I didn't mean to write you a letter but I just wanted to be there.
I would have loved talking to people I haven't seen since 2009.

Given my challenges I hope I can go say hello to a couple of people in 2023.
Thank you Pat for registering me.
I do have mixed feelings about policies on Lyft the Uber. I do not want people to be discriminated against because they have a Service Dog. I do understand that some people really do have a major fear I'm talking Major Panic Attacks, Etc. I am allergic to dogs so I always increase my allergy medication during Convention.
I understand that some religions prohibit dogs in certain situations. These people are allowed to have a cat. I think I would have to decide not to work for Lyft or Uber if I had these concerns. There are a lot of jobs out there so you could probably find a job which was not against your Religion, caused you great panic or made it hard to breathe.
People who use a Service Dog have that right. I used to have a hard time with this but some people have been very kind to me over the years. Some people are less defensive and truly understand my Traumatic Fear.
I couldn't let someone share a room with me who had a dog because I could not sleep or move around the room. I can now get on an elevator with a dog but I cannot have it touch me.
It seemed like the Convention had fewer breaks. I think some days are longer because we eliminated one day to cut back on expenses.
I sure hope people who like coffee were able to get it. I did not see any mention of coffee in the Main Hotel.
Enjoy the rest of the Convention.
Colleen