[Ohio-Talk] Convention

marianne at denningweb.com marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Jul 13 22:33:47 UTC 2022

I attended a meeting to talk about how NFB can help individuals with
additional disabilities during convention. There have been steps taken to
help people with neurodivergent disabilities but they are only beginning to
talk about assistance for people with physical disabilities. I really liked
that most of the division meetings and other meetings that took place
outside of the general sessions were mostly on the 2nd floor. This made it
easier for people with physical disabilities and people who were assisting
them get to the meetings. I didn't like that you had to go to a hotel across
the street for the exhibit hall. I also found it to be a more difficult
crossing than I usually work because there were 2 sets of trolley tracks in
between the lanes of traffic. I did go back and forth across Canal Street
several times to get to the exhibit hall. I should have stayed away since I
spent too much money over there.