[Ohio-Talk] read about information on the Virtual Experience, If you need Child Care at the Convention and How to Register for the Onsite Career Fair

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:46:28 UTC 2022

#NFB22 Convention Virtual Experience

We are excited to offer opportunities for engagement and connection to
participants who are unable to attend in-person convention. The 2022
National Convention

Virtual Experience is a dedicated online space for exclusive convention
activities. Registration for the virtual experience will be at no cost.

Register for the 2022 Convention Virtual Experience!

Zoom Training

The 2022 NFB Muslims Group zoom training drop-in hours will be on Zoom, June
18, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. eastern time.. Please see the zoom

information to join the training below. All are welcome regardless if needed
for beyond the #NFB22 virtual experience. We will be working one on one or

in small groups depending on the turnout. If you have any questions or in
need for a specific zoom skill training beyond the basics, please email our
group

after subscribing at

nfb-muslims at nfbnet.org

or email the chair, Tasnim Alshuli, and our group at

nfbmuslims at gmail.com.

Join Zoom Meeting: 867 7955 6646

Password: 284340

One tap mobile: +16027530140,,86779556646#

Career Fair

The Career Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, July 6, from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
convention time in New Orleans. Location TBD. This will be an in-person
event with

opportunities for interview screenings and employment workshops.
Registration in advanced is required. Deadline to register is June 21.

list of 2 items

. Career Fair Job-Seeker Registration

. Career Fair Employer Registration

list end

Child Care: NFB Camp

If you are bringing children with you to convention, you may want to
register them for NFB Camp. The National Federation of the Blind provides
childcare

for children six weeks to twelve-years during pre-convention meetings,
General Sessions, and Banquet. We separate the children into groups by age,
and

the activities are age appropriate, including lessons from the NFB BELL
Academy curriculum. Deadline to Register for NFB Camp is June 20, 2022.

Register for NFB Camp now.

As we did in past years when National Convention was in person, we provided
parents with the ?Camper?s Curriculum?, which outlines the daily activities

for the children. These include: Games, Arts and Crafts, O&M lessons,
Outside Water Play, walks to nearby attractions; and of course, NEB BELL
lessons.

The Camper?s Curriculum will be posted to the Convention page as soon as it
is prepared.

Staffing

Each of the Camp rooms are staffed with a Lead Teacher who supervises the
staff and children in their room. These Lead Teachers are from Carla?s
Montessori

Schools, or have been working Camp for many years. All of them have
experience working with blind children. The rooms are staffed according to
the number

and ages of the children in each room. These additional staff are members
and family members of the Federation.

Carla McQuillan has been the NFB Camp Director since 1996. Carla is the
Executive Director of Montessori Schools in Oregon, and serves as the
President

of our Oregon Affiliate and on the National Board of Directors.  This year,
we are beginning the transition of NFB Camp Director from Carla to Harriet

Go.

Harriet is an elementary school teacher in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She
teaches kindergarten through third grade students with a variety of learning

disabilities in the areas of reading and math. She earned her Bachelor's
degree in Education from Temple University in Philadelphia, and a Master's
in

Elementary Reading and Literacy from Minnesota's Walden University. With
more than a dozen years of experience in the classroom, Ms. Go is deeply
committed

to helping each student reach their full potential, academically and
emotionally. With a positive attitude, Harriet truly believes that education
is a

system for creating change and for social good. Harriet has been our NFB
BELL Academy Teacher in Philadelphia for many years.

Deadline to Register for NFB Camp is June 20, 2022.