[Ohio-Talk] The National Employment Committee, Presents, Manners still do Matter

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:28:42 UTC 2022

Manners still do Matter!

Will yours get you hired or fired?

Have you ever felt frozen in a sea of strangers? Have you ever been escorted to a corner table with a plate of food during a professional gathering or mingling event?

Let’s face it, most every meaningful work and social relationship begins over food. Whether it’s a first job interview, or a first date, you’ll want to carry yourself with confidence and social savvy.

Join your loyal friends of the NFB Employment Committee on July 9th from 7:00 – 9:00 PM in Studio 2 of the Marriott for an evening of etiquette. So we can get a head count, attendees should send an email to  <mailto:smturner234 at gmail.com> smturner234 at gmail.com.

In the past, we have offered convention attendees an Etiquette Dinner, but it is too expensive to do so this year, so we are offering this as an alternative. There is no charge to attend. No food will be served.

Your coach will be long-time Federationist Eileen Rivera Ley, founder of Blind Savvy USA and creator of the ever popular Blind & Socially Savvy Strength Series (TM).

First, we will be brushing up on some ordinary points of dining etiquette (what to discuss, which fork to use, whether to drink during an interview)

Then we will cover some blindness nuances of dining and networking over meals. and put on some social savvy. Greeting others while managing your cane or dog, a beverage, and a plate of food.

Or navigating those conversations’ pitfalls and inevitable inappropriate questions about your blindness.

Our goal is to help you shine during your next important business lunch or banquet. Whether you’re attending your first banquet or your last… You’re sure to pick up some wonderful pointers. And possibly some new friends during this fun and engaging event!

Eileen Rivera Ley

Blind Savvy USA

443 253-5595