[Ohio-Talk] National Convention Update

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:37:34 UTC 2022

Good evening. Earlier today this year's proposed resolutions were released
on the NFB's website. Resolutions are the policy statement of our
organization. This year the NFB22 Convention will consider 19 Resolutions.
You can read all 19 proposed resolutions at
https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/2022-resolutions  The
resolutions will first be considered by the Resolutions Committee on July
6, 2022. Then those resolutions that are approved by the Committee will
move on for consideration of the full in-person Convention on July 9, 2022.
Please take the time to read these resolutions prior to the convention as
it is important to understand the issues you will be voting on. And even if
you will not be present at the Convention it is important to be aware of
and familiar with the issues being faced by our organization.

For those attending the convention, I also wanted to call your attention to
an Agenda Note that often gets overlooked.

Note 8: Portrait Studio

The portrait studio wants and needs a photo of your gorgeous face! Because
it has been three years since we have been in person, everyone's photo is
out of date. We use images in the Braille Monitor, on websites, and for
other types of publication. Having a current photo on file is important
even if you are not writing an article or sitting on your chapter board. We
will email photos after convention to those who would like to have them.
Please visit the portrait studio outside the Acadia Ballroom during the
following hours:

   - Thursday: 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
   - Friday: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
   - Saturday: 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
   - Sunday: 5:45 to 6:45 p.m.

The Communications Department uses these pictures in any material, such as
blog posts or monitor articles, that you are featured in. Of course all of
our pictures are out of date given that we haven't had an in-person
convention since 2019. This is particularly important if you are a member
of the Affiliate Board, a Chapter Board, a Division Board, or an Affiliate
Committee. But this is for everyone. So I encourage everyone to stop by the
portrait studio and have your picture taken. NFB will even email you a copy
of the digital photo that you can use in any way you want.

Thanks,

Todd Elzey, Treasurer