[Ohio-Talk] FW: Prepare for #NFB22—Get the App & Announcements

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 23:39:57 UTC 2022

From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2022 6:46 PM
To: Suzanne Turner <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Subject: Prepare for #NFB22—Get the App & Announcements

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

  <https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/convention-email-header-2022.jpg>

Know Before You Go: Event Platform & the Latest Announcements

We are just a couple days away now! The 2022 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind is almost here. We encourage you to share this information with chapter members who may not receive emails. Información en Español <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26497&qid=7352775> .

The agenda is available in several formats at https://nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26498&qid=7352775> . It is also now available on NFB-NEWSLINE. For any changes or cancellations, please check the latest updates section on the convention page and notifications on CrowdCompass. Please note: an early version of the agenda listed the Banquet at 7:30. The Banquet on Sunday, July 10 will begin at 7:00 p.m. Thank you for understanding.

Explore the Virtual Event Platform—Download NFB 22 App

Access important information, discover how to navigate the hotels and exhibit hall, network with attendees, and more. Available via either the mobile app or the web, our virtual event platform lets you:

*     Customize your personal convention schedule

*     Join streamed meetings instantly

*     Learn about sponsors and exhibitors

*     Network with other attendees and send messages

*     Receive important updates and notifications

An email invitation for verification was sent earlier this week to login to the CrowdCompass mobile app and virtual event platform. Follow the links in the email to initiate a login and verify your account. If you did not receive the invitation, please email appsupport at nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26512&qid=7352775> .

Access the NFB 22 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26513&qid=7352775>  App or virtual event platform on the web <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26514&qid=7352775> .

Employment & Entrepreneurs Events

*     Join your loyal friends of the NFB Employment Committee on July 9 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. in Studio 2 of the Marriott for an evening of etiquette. Your coach will be long-time Federationist Eileen Rivera Ley, founder of Blind Savvy USA and creator of the ever popular Blind & Socially Savvy Strength Series™. RSVP by sending an email to smturner234 at gmail.com <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26515&qid=7352775> .

*     In partnership with Smart Jobs LLC we are hosting a gathering of blind entrepreneurs at the National Convention to get feedback and share emerging resources. The event will be held on July 10, from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Due to limited space, please complete the Blind Entrepreneurs Forum Form <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26516&qid=7352775> .

#NFB22 Box Office: Two Offsite, Exclusive Shows

Both of the following exclusive screenings will be at Prytania Theatre - Canal Place which is located at 333 Canal St 3rd Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130. This theatre is .2 miles or approximately six-minute walk from the New Orleans Marriott.

July 8: Stranger Things 4

In collaboration with the National Federation of the Blind, Netflix invites you to a theatrical screening of Stranger Things 4 with Audio Description and Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing as part of the 2022 National Convention. On Friday, July 8 at 7:30 p.m. join us for complimentary concessions and exclusive Stranger Things merch designed for the National Federation of the Blind Convention at the Prytania Theatre - Canal Place. Space is limited. Register now for the screening of Netflix’s Stranger Things 4 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26510&qid=7352775>  to save your seat.

July 9: Advanced Screening of Surpassing Sight

Join us Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. at Prytania Theatres at Canal Place for an advanced screening of the film Surpassing Sight. A gripping documentary set out to prove to the world that people who are blind can be successful both on and off the bike, in the saddle and in the boardroom. The documentary, Surpassing Sight, parallels a journey to tackle the toughest cycling race in the world with the journey through the employment world. Please note: the location of this event has been updated from the published agenda.

Convention Reminders & Restaurant Options

*     Check out the options for restaurants near the 2022 NFB National Convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26500&qid=7352775> .

*     We highly encourage you to submit tests prior to arriving. Tests must have been performed no more than seventy-two (72) hours prior to check-in at the convention hotels. Negative test results may be emailed in advance to testresults at nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26511&qid=7352775> . Emailed results should include, at a minimum, the individual’s first and last name, city, and state.

*     We are committed to delivering a safe and welcoming national convention experience as detailed in our 2022 National Convention Safety Protocols <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26501&qid=7352775> , our National Convention COVID-19 Testing Protocols <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26502&qid=7352775> , and the National Federation of the Blind Code of Conduct <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26503&qid=7352775> .

Safe Travels!

We look forward to your participation. Share your excitement by posting on social media using the hashtag #NFB22. Follow the conversation, ask questions, and share fun expectations. For more information, visit https://nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26498&qid=7352775> .

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26504&qid=7352775>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26505&qid=7352775>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26506&qid=7352775>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26507&qid=7352775>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26499&qid=7352775>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=26508&qid=7352775>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314