[Ohio-Talk] Final Inclusion Policy

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 03:07:07 UTC 2022

Inclusion Policy

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio is committed to providing a
safe and inclusive space for all individuals, as deeply expressed in the
organization's constitution. This principle resonates through all levels of
the organization, from national to local, ensuring that all individuals have
a place in our organization. Blindness is the characteristic that binds us
together, but it is our intersectionalities and unique lived experiences
that allow us to continue to be a thriving community for the collective
action and support of the blind.

The Board of Directors of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
affirms the following policy in March 2022: we intend this consumer
organization of blind people to be a safe place for individuals of every
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, nonveteran or veteran status, political affiliation, and gender
identity. We expect our members to respect themselves and others and to
refrain from taunting or insulting others or using derogatory language for
those who do not share their convictions or life experience. We expect
members to conduct themselves with civility and courtesy and to apologize
any time they have failed to conduct themselves to this standard. Behavior
that opposes these standards is unacceptable, and anyone unwilling to live
up to these standards shall be subject to discipline up to and including
expulsion from the organization by the Board of Directors.

Together we can learn what it means to be an ally to others. By being open
to learning about the experiences of those with differing backgrounds from
our own, we ensure the growth of a community inclusive of all. If you
witness or fall victim to discrimination or insult within the National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio, please notify any elected officer as soon
as possible.  The elected officer who receives notification of the complaint
shall immediately notify the NFB of Ohio President or forward the complaint
in accordance with the NFB Code of Conduct.

Enacted by the NFB of Ohio Board of Directors March 5, 2022
Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
attachments:

Final Inclusion Policy

sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail
security settings to determine how attachments are handled.