[Ohio-Talk] URGENT - H.B. 448 Sponsored by Representative Richard Brown

ali benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:37:05 UTC 2022

Done! :)

Best!

AB

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Todd Elzey via
Ohio-Talk
Sent: Saturday, March 5, 2022 6:48 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Todd Elzey <toddelzey at gmail.com>; Sharla Glass
<sglass at envisionamerica.com>; Rep20 at ohiohouse.gov
Brown

Good evening. The Ohio House Insurance Committee held the first, sponsor
testimony, hearing for our Accessible Prescription Labeling legislation,
H.B. 448, back on February 16, 2022. Representative Richard Brown, who is
sponsoring the legislation for us, did a fantastic job at the hearing
explaining the need for H.B. 448. Unfortunately, despite two meetings since
then, the Committee has not yet scheduled H.B. 448 for its second, proponent
testimony, hearing.  So it is once again time to put pressure on the
Chairman's office to move this legislation forward so that we can get it
passed this year.

The Chairman of the House Insurance Committee is the Honorable Thomas E.
Brinkman, Jr. from District 27.  Representative Brinkman's email is
rep27 at ohiohouse.gov

This is an urgent matter. We want to call upon Representative Brinkman to
schedule H.B. 448's proponent testimony hearing as soon as possible and to
keep the legislation moving after the proponent testimony hearing. I am
asking that we fill Representative Brinkman's email with as many individual
messages as possible on H.B. 448 by Tuesday afternoon at 5:00 P.M.  The
emails should specifically ask Chairman Brinkman to schedule H.B. 448 for
its second hearing. Remember to also impress upon Representative Brinkman
why H.B. 448 is so important to us.

Fellow Federationists, we accomplished this once when our voices rang out
loud and clear and the House Insurance Committee scheduled the first
hearing. Let's make those voices heard loud and clear once again and keep
H.B. 448 moving.

Please let me or Eric Duffy know if you have any questions regarding this
issue.

Todd Elzey, Treasurer
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio toddelzey at gmail.com / 315-879-1746