[Ohio-Talk] URGENT - HB 448 Testimony

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 20:14:20 UTC 2022

Good afternoon!  As Mr. Duffy indicated earlier, it looks like we were
finally successful in getting the next hearing scheduled for HB 448.  It is
our understanding that the Ohio House Insurance Committee will hold a
proponent testimony hearing on H.B. 448 on Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at
10:00 A.M. This is our chance to tell the Ohio Legislature why they should
pass H.B. 448. The way we do that is to present written testimony to
the House Insurance Committee explaining why they should pass H.B. 448.
When writing that testimony it is important to share your personal stories
about why accessible prescription labels are important for you and your
family.

I am asking for everyone who has not already submitted testimony to me, to
work on testimony this weekend and get it to me at toddelzey at gmail.com by
Monday at Noon. Having testimony from every single one of our chapters
would be a great way of showing how important this issue is statewide. We
can submit the testimony to the committee on your behalf. If you would
prefer to submit your testimony directly, we will have instructions next
week on how to do so.

This is one of those times that we need everyone to act quickly as this is
a one-shot deal - there will not be a second chance to present testimony to
the House Insurance Committee, and if the legislation does not pass that
Committee it will not go any further in the Legislature. So please take the
time this weekend to write your testimony and get it to me by Monday at
Noon.

To help you write the testimony, I am attaching a copy of Deborah
Kendrick's testimony as a sample to work from.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Todd Elzey