[Ohio-Talk] Answers to questions

Barbara Pierce barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 00:20:59 UTC 2022

At the board meeting I agreed to try to find answers in Baltimore to some questions that we had.
1. Parking is going to be expensive at convention. At the hotel it is about $50 a night. We are working on finding some parking lot around the city that will be more reasonable. If and when we do so, we will be spreading word  far and wide. Some people are planning to park in long-term parking at the airport, which is more reasonable, but cars will be a pain to get hold of.

2. The hotel will have hand-sanitizer stations around the facility, but we know of no plans to hand out sanitizer.

3. Chapters and divisions are encouraged to mark their contribution checks clearly with their state as well as organizational name and sent them in before convention. Tell Richard as well what you are doing so that he has an idea of what is coming in from Ohio and can announce  in the Honor roll call how much is coming in from Ohio. They are trying to discourage having cash coming in at convention.

I will just add this reminder. Lorain County has already voted to send $50 to Todd to help defray the cost of door prizes from Ohio. We are usually almost the only chapter to do this. Don’t leave us alone in this support.

Barbara
Barbara Pierce (she, her, hers)
President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.