[Ohio-Talk] Workshop on Voting Machines

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Thu May 5 16:08:37 UTC 2022

Hello Richard,
I talked ! Brett on the phone. We did not exchange emails. He did tebbl me that he could come to our Convention and show us how to use the Voting Machine I used. It is used in 12 Counties.
He did not mention other machines but I imagine that could be worked out.
He did say that he would meet with other group including Chapters who meet in person.
There is a Special Election in August. Brett suggested that I could have an email sent to me, click on link, and then vote. I told him that I did not have the skills to do this yet. I told him I wanted to vote in person independently using machine.
Louanne Blake suggested that we could have a Video over Zoom to learn about this machine. I told her that I didn't think this would work because some of us would need to feel the Keypad and then try to manipulate it using the actual machine.
I think that the Committee that looks at these machines should include a person who is not technically minded.
I was told by Brett that blind people did participate in feedback about these machines.
I am sorry but I did not have a clue on how to use it.
In my opinion, Chapters who meet in person before August should have someone come to their Chapter Meeting to show blind people how to use
the Machine used in their County.
Could you please contact the ADA Coordinator for the Secretary of State and schedule this workshop for our Convention.
For those who are comfortable with the machines manufactured by Dominion please be patient with those of us who have no clue what to do.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio;