[Ohio-Talk] Library for the Blind Braille display

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:20:44 UTC 2022

Hello,

I also received my E reader from the library. Just to share with everybody on the list, this will be my very first experience using a braille display. So, I am reluctantly going to try it out because I know it is the path of the future for us braille readers. I am very old-fashioned that I like actually reading a book, but I know that I have to get used to this type of technology. So, I will be playing with it and trying to figure it out over the weekend and see if I can get used to this. A couple of things that I am looking forward to is a larger variety of book options, and being able to bring a reader with me when I travel without having to drag lots of very heavy bulky braille volumes.  I would like to hear everybody’s thoughts and reactions to the reader. I represent the NFB of Ohio on the consumer advisory committee for the library service, and we have a meeting here in a couple of weeks. So, would like to hear everybody’s thoughts and reaction to the new device.

Annette

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.