[Ohio-Talk] Parental Rights Bill

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Tue May 24 22:27:44 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,
Thanks to those who offered Testimony on the Parental Rights Bill.
I did not offer Testimony because I thought I was too old. I guess that was kind of silly. If we need more Testimony I will participate.
I want all blind parents who are capable to be able to have their children with them. I want them to get the support they need if they are experiencing difficulties or they just need help and support or have questions about how to do things as a blind parent. I believe the NFB has done and continues to do many things to help blind parents and answer questions they have about parenting as a blind person. Sometimes we just need a little help to find alternative techniques that can make things easier.
I hope that this bill passes and is signed by the Governor.
Blind parents who are competent at the skills of blindness or are willing to learn them should have their children with them. Custody shouldn't be an issue either. All parents need help and support if they are new parents.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio;