[Ohio-Talk] Blessing House Update

Asia Quinones-Evans aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Wed May 25 18:24:10 UTC 2022

You may receive this email twice because I forwarded it directly from my
other email account and its waiting for approval. Here is the email I got
back from the Blessing House position after following up with a phone call
for several weeks. I just got this earlier today. I was wondering if we can
do something about how Job and Family services has just restricted blind
people from getting jobs that follow their rules in positions like this.
Thanks.

Hi Asia,

I just wanted to follow up with you in regards to your inquiry. I apologize
for the delay.  Sr. Mary Berigan was able to get ahold of your contact and
talk to them.  She also went ahead and contacted The Ohio department of job
and family services state office. They are the ones that license foster
care and crisis care facilities like Blessing House across the state.  They
took a few days to get back to us.  Their response in regards to the
childcare worker position was: The Ohio law requires for childcare workers
of children ages birth to 12 to be able to provide supervision within sight
and sound of the child or pursuant to the level of supervision specified in
the child's service plan.  Unfortunately at this time we are unable to
offer you the childcare position due to this state requirement.  Your
resume is very impressive we are currently keeping you in mind for any
future positions that may open up in the near future.  Sr. Mary enjoyed her
interview with you.  We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Cordially,

Betsy Amador Ramos

Blessing House
--
Yours truely,

Asia Quinones-Evans

Phone: 440-670-6509

Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back