[Ohio-Talk] Research

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:15:43 UTC 2022

Good morning,

My name is Bhumi Patel, and I am a second-year medical student at Ohio
University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine looking for participants
for a study. We are conducting research on how low vision/blind individuals
with diabetes manage their disease. I would appreciate it if you could share
this recruitment message with your state's NFB email group. Please let me
know if you have any additional concerns/questions.

IRB# 22-E-195

Do you have diabetes and low vision or blindness?
Insulin pens and pumps, continuous glucose monitoring systems, medications
and other diabetes treatments are available for diabetes management.
However, many of these devices were not designed for users with low vision
or blindness and have serious accessibility problems. We want to support
these users by learning more about how low vision/blind individuals manage
their diabetes.
Are you interested in participating in this study?
Participation in this research involves completing a survey about diabetes
management. Participation will last approximately 20 minutes. Participants
will receive a $10 tango gift card for their time and effort.
How can you find out more?
Go directly to: https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b119QA0WOpWpWcu

You can also call and leave a message, or email
Dr. Allyson Hughes
Phone: 740.593.0465
Email: ashughes at ohio.edu <mailto:ashughes at ohio.edu>

Thank you,

Bhumi Patel, OMS II
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic
Medicine
Rural & Urban Pathways | Scholar
Sigma Sigma Phi Lambda Chapter | President
Future Physicians For Patients | Secretary
Academic Support Peer Leader
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368