[Ohio-Talk] Code of Conduct

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:09:15 UTC 2022

Code of Conduct
The National Federation of the Blind's Code of Conduct outlines the policies
and standards that we have established for the community of individuals who
come together in our organized blind movement. On this page, you will find
links to the current version of the code (in a variety of formats), the form
for reporting violations of the code, a frequently asked question page, and
a variety of supplemental resources and guidance documents.
Read the Braille Monitor article, "Raising Expectations Every Day: The
Challenge of the Federation's Community Standards" by President Mark
Riccobono
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm22/bm2202/bm220201.htm>  for
background on the organization's journey with the Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct Updated December 19, 2021
The National Federation of the Blind's Code of Conduct is available in
several formats:
*	NFB Code of Conduct (HTML)
<https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/code>
(Spanish)
<https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/codigo-de-cond
ucta-de-la-national-federation-blind>
*	NFB Code of Conduct (Braille Ready Format)
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2021-12/National-Federation-of-the-Blin
d-Code-of-Conduct.brf>
*	NFB Code of Conduct (MP3 audio)
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2021-12/national_federation_of_the_blin
d_code_of_conduct.mp3>
*	NFB Code of Conduct (PDF)
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/files-pdf/national-federation-of-the-bl
ind-code-of-conduct-final-2021-12-30.pdf>
For additional information, please review the Code of Conduct Frequently
Asked Questions
<https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/code-conduct-f
requently-asked-questions> .
Reporting Violations
All reports of violations of this Code of Conduct can be filed in one of the
following ways. Regardless of how they are filed, all reports regarding
violations of this code will lead to the same response procedures as
outlined in the code:
*	Complete the online code of conduct reporting form
<https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/report-form>
*	Send an email to code at nfb.org <mailto:code at nfb.org>
*	Leave a voicemail at 410-659-9314, extension 2475
*	Give a verbal or written report to a designated responsible leader
of the Federation. Responsible leaders include national board members,
affiliate board members, local chapter or division board members, national
division board members, Federation employees, and staff/board members of
NFB-affiliated training centers.

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>