[Ohio-Talk] Getting ready for convention

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 13:10:35 UTC 2022

Good morning in FB of Ohio!

Well, it is not very long now. In just a few short weeks we will be at the 76th annual convention of the national Federation of the blind of Ohio. Have you registered yet? If not, what are you waiting for?

 There are several things I would like to remind everybody about prior to convention. First of all, the awards committee is still anxiously awaiting all of the Gavel reports except for one. We had our first submittal this morning. Remember, there is just one week left to get them in. Don’t let your chapter or division miss out. It is so exciting to see all of the accomplishments that our fellow federations us have achieved over the last year. I can’t wait until Saturday night when everybody finds out who will win. Also, don’t forget the nomination letters for our other service awards. If you still need the information on the how to submit Gavel questionnaires or nomination letters, please let me know.

Another fun part of convention is, of course, door prizes! Just a reminder that if your chapter, division, or even you yourself as an individual member, are bringing a door prize to donate, please bring that donation to the information table at convention. Or, if you see me around, you can give it to me directly. We will also be holding a not so silent auction at the banquet, so we would love mini donations for that as well. These will be bigger ticket items that attendees can bid on to raise money for the affiliate. Like with the door prizes, please bring those to the information table at convention. With both the door prizes and the auction items, please have a description of what they are in braille. Also, please list who the donor is. That way everybody can get credit for their donations.
I am so excited about this upcoming convention. Especially since it has been so long since we have all been together. As always if there are any questions about awards, door prizes, auction items, or heck, anything else to do with Convention, please reach out and I will be happy to help, or get you in the direction of the person who can.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in Independence Ohio!

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.