[Ohio-Talk] Register for the Premier Event in the Blind Community

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 19:06:50 UTC 2023

Register for the Premier Event in the Blind Community

National Federation of the Blind 2023 National Convention

July 1 through July 6, 2023

Houston, Texas

#NFB23

The National Federation of the Blind is the transformative membership and
advocacy organization of blind people. Every day we raise the expectations
of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. Each year we come together for important discussions,
decisions, and information sharing.

As an attendee, take advantage of the opportunity to:

* Network with thousands of blind role models

* Connect with leaders in the field of blindness

* Attend presentations on a variety of empowering topics

* Learn about the latest in technology and innovation

* And more!

The convention is open to all. Important note: Our constitution states that
only members of the Federation have the right to participate in
decision-making when it comes to organizational policy. If you are not
already a member, please connect with your state affiliate
(https://nfb.org/about-us/state-affiliates).

Schedule Outline

Each day is packed with opportunities and connections. The schedule for this
year's convention is:

* Saturday, July 1: Seminars, Breakout Sessions, Registration Opens

* Sunday, July 2: Exhibit Hall Opens, More Breakouts, Resolutions Committee

* Monday, July 3: National Board and National Division Meetings

* Tuesday, July 4: General Sessions with Opening Ceremonies and Presidential
Report

* Wednesday, July 5: General Sessions with Presentations, Financial Report,
and Elections

* Thursday, July 6: General Sessions with Presentations, Banquet, and
Adjournment

The full agenda will be available in June.

Is this your first convention or do you need a review of what to expect?
Mark your calendar for the Rookie Roundup meeting scheduled for Sunday, July
2, at 8:00 p.m. central time, which will go over all the things you need to
know about the convention. Also available for first-time attendees, learn
about the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship at
https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/kenneth-jernigan-convention
-scholarship.

Register Today

Registration is open. Get access to the latest information as it is made
available and more by registering now for the 2023 National Convention now
at https://nfb.org/registration. For more information and hotel details,
visit https://nfb.org/convention. We look forward to your participation in
this important event.

#NFB23 Virtual Experience Registration

We are excited to offer opportunities for engagement and connection to
participants who are unable to attend the convention in-person. Details the
2023 National Convention Virtual Experience, a dedicated online space for
exclusive convention activities, are coming soon. Registration for the
virtual experience is separate and at no cost. Register now at
https://nfb.org/civicrm/event/register?id=573.