[Ohio-Talk] Walterand reminder.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:39:40 UTC 2023

Greetings members:

Walter Mitchel textd me and said he is in the hospital 	and had a stroke he
said he is ok but keep him on your mind.
This will also serve as a reminder to join the board meeting on Saturday
morning.

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBOH)

Agenda For The board of directors Meeting

April 29,2023

10:00 AM EDT.

This meeting will begin promptly at 10:00 AM on our normal Ohio Zoom
Platform.
Please be on time and follow the zoom courtesy rules.

NFB Pledge:
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Call To Order:
Richard Payne, Ohio Affiliate President

Role Call: Ohio Board of Directors
Annette Lutz, Ohio Affiliate Secretary

Motion to approve January 2023 minutes
Richard Payne, Ohio Affiliate President

Financial report:
Kathy Legg, Ohio Affiliate Treasurer

I:
Ohio Affiliate Fundraisers
1.	Flying pig
2.	Donations from Chapters to the Ohio Affiliate
3.	National Convention Drawing

II:
Note!
Chapter division and committee reports will be communicated only by
designated Presidents and Chairs.

	Ohio Programs:
A.	BELL
B.	National Federation of the Blind of Ohio STEM2U Program

	Chapter division and committee reports as needed.
A.	Group,
Suzanne Turner, Membership Committee
B. Mental Health
Marianne Denning, Ohio Affiliate Board Member
C. Ohio Buckeye Brief
		Suzanne Turner, Facilitator

III:
Ohio State Convention:
1.	Date
2.	Location
3.	Price of hotel reservation

IV:
National Convention:

Exhibit Hall,
	1. Proposed led facilitator's
	2. Suggested items

	National Convention Financial Responsibilities:
	Each year affiliates and national divisions make donations to the
funds that help sustain our movement. This is often done during Honor Roll
Call during the General Assembly. Affiliates and divisions should send an
email to let us know the name of the organization, how much it is
contributing to each fund, and when the check is expected to be mailed. We
will collect and track this information as contributions are received. We
ask that all pledges be fulfilled by August 1, 2023. You should make
donations to respective Funds payable to National Federation of the Blind
indicating that specific fund. Make sure to put Honor Roll Call in the memo
of any check sent for this purpose, and mail it to 200 East Wells Street,
Baltimore, MD 21230, Attention: Fiscal Services - Roll Call.

	Board of Director's suggestion of financial donations:
	1. Kenneth Jernigan Fund,
	2. Jacobus TenBroek Memorial Fund,
	3. SUN Fund,
	4. and White Cane Fund,

	Door Prizes:
Door prizes are being accepted for the 2023 National Convention. We request
cash donations so that we can distribute gift cards and gift certificates as
prizes. Cash donations make it easier to create prize groups and to
distribute prizes from one location. Please make your checks payable to
National Federation of the Blind and write Door Prizes in the memo. You
should mail the check to National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells
Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, Attention: Fiscal Services - DP. By addressing
the check this way, we will easily identify it as a door prize and process
it accordingly. You can also send an email to prize at nfb.org
<mailto:prize at nfb.org>  to let us know you are sending a contribution for
the door prizes and the full name of the organization that the contribution
is from. We want to make sure we recognize your organization in our
thank-you list. You can contact Bridgid Burke (bburke at nfb.org
<mailto:bburke at nfb.org>  extension 2271)

Zoom Information for Saturday, April 23rd at 10:00 Am EST.
NFB Ohio Zoom:
https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID: 408 185 0851
One tap mobile +1-646-876-9923, 4081850851# US
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abdqTMSdcy

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>