[Ohio-Talk] Information Needed

Asia Quinones-Evans aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 14:57:34 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,
I have already finished this course for my summer class but I was wanting
some information about something that has come up from my college. I needed
to track some food for my summer class and an alternative that I brought up
was My fitness Pal. I knew the paid subscription would allow me to get the
information that was required for the course. In my experience in the past
with the app was that it had lots of accessibility bugs so I did not think
that the paid subscription would make a difference with accessibility. My
college did some research and found out that the paid subscription was more
accessible. This was found out by them noticing that the American
Federation of the Blind reviewed it and said it was accessible. I am
looking for information of anyone who may use the My Fitness Pal paid
subscription and if they notice that it is accessible. I am also looking to
get information about the AFB because I have never heard of them. This is
not the first time my college has brought them up. So I was wondering if
anyone knows anything about them and how good of an organization they are.
Thanks.

I have spoken to the Dean of the accessibility department today and she has
told me that they may have signed a contract with a visually describing
service but she can not remember the name of it. I highly suggested Aira
for my college to get. This would make it so much easier for me to get
sighted help with out having to go through accessibility to make an
appointment so they can find someone to be my describer. I will see how the
dean considers it. This dean has only been at my college for about a year
so she is pretty new to my campus and how it needs lots of improvements in
accessibility.
--
Yours truely,

Asia Quinones-Evans

Phone: 440-670-6509
Email: aevans.nfb at gmail.com

Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back