[Ohio-Talk] It’s time for the Gavel awards!

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 14:57:34 UTC 2023

Hello NFB of Ohio!

Yes! It is that time of year again, to start thinking about our upcoming convention! And you know what that means, it is also time to complete your chapter and division Gavel Award questionnaires! Which chapter and division will Take home the prize this year? That is completely up to all of you! In the next few emails, you will receive the questionnaires for chapters and divisions. Look over them, and if you have done anything that could get your chapter or division points on their questionnaire, let your president know ! Each Chapter and Division will be working furiously to complete their questionnaire by October 1, and every point counts! So, help your chapter or division win the prize!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out to any member of the awards committee, myself, David Perry, and Jerry Purcell.

 I am so looking forward to our Saturday night banquet at our 2023 State Convention, and announcing the winners!

Also, keep in mind that there are other awards in these instructions that you should consider nominating worthy individuals for. All of the information you need is on the attached document.

Good luck to everybody!

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.