[Ohio-Talk] Convention

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 17:30:55 UTC 2023

Hello!

It is getting closer. It will be here before we know it. Our NFB of Ohio convention! We are all looking forward to everybody coming to Columbus on November 17, 18th, and 19th! I hope everybody has made their room reservations so that you can join us too.

I wanted to send out a few reminders to everybody about upcoming convention details.

First of all, one of everybody’s favorite things at convention are the door prizes! Everybody who is registered and in the room if their name is called, Ken win. So, the more door prizes, we have the better! It would be great if we had enough door prizes for everybody! But, in order to give mini door, prizes away, we have to have many donations. Everybody loves such prizes as gift cards, useful items for the home, pampered items like Bath and body things, and, of course, cash. I am hoping that all chapters and divisions will work together to donate a prize. We also take many prizes from individuals. So, it is definitely not too early to start thinking about what prizes you would love to donate. I actually already have received a few.

Another very fun aspect of convention is our not so silent auction that we hold during the banquet. We are also looking for family friendly items to be donated for this as well. These would be larger ticket items, such as gift baskets and sporting memorabilia.  we have also been able to auction off some accessible technology items. Your chapters and divisions can also work to put together something for the auction. Or, if you know of any businesses in your area, that would like to donate, we would love to have that as well. If you have any questions about auction items, please feel free to reach out to me or to President Richard Payne.

One more reminder is for chapters and divisions to complete their Gavel award questionnaire. Remember, the deadline for submitting these is October 1. We have already received one from a Chapter, but are looking forward to receiving from every chapter and division.

If anyone has any questions about door, prizes, auction items, or Gavel awards, please feel free to reach out to me. I am looking forward to seeing everybody at convention.

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.