[Ohio-Talk] A message from Kinshuk Tella.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 03:09:17 UTC 2023

Dear Affiliate and Student Division Presidents,

For those that do not know me, my name is 	, board member of our
National student division. Within NABS, I have the great honor to serve as
chair of our content creation committee, which is responsible for everything
from our monthly "NABS Now Podcast", to specialty projects such as the one
for which this email is for.

We are incredibly excited to be partnering with Sam from "The Blind Life"
for our first ever Content Creation Workshop, taking place virtually next
month. I wanted to reach out directly to you for assistance in spreading the
word about this special opportunity to learn from one of the most
influential blind social media professionals on the internet! This is open
to both students and non-students, but registration spots are filling up
quick and registration closes March 9th, so please share! Please keep
reading for more info on the workshop itself:

The National Association of Blind Students Content Creation Committee and
Sam from "The Blind Life" are incredibly excited to invite you to our first
ever Content Creation Workshop. Whether you are an active social media
influencer, aspiring content creator, or just a fan, this workshop is
designed to take you through a journey of what it means to be a blind
creator in the modern era of digital media. Engage with us as we learn about
Sam's story as a professional content creator and entrepreneur, crafting
your own system for creation, and the power of performing and storytelling.
We are sure to leave you with a deeper understanding of both the technical
and narrative aspects of how you too can share your story through the art of
content creation,

Join us virtually on Sunday, March 12 from 1PM to 2:30PM Eastern for the
special opportunity to meet and learn from one of the most renowned blind
creators on the internet! Please pay careful attention to the information
and instructions in the registration form!

To register, please visit:
https://forms.gle/WVb3WzibrQjwDeaq8

If you have any questions, please contact NABS Board member, Kinshuk Tella
at kinshuk.tella at gmail.com <mailto:kinshuk.tella at gmail.com>

More about Sam from "The Blind Life"
Sam was diagnosed at age 11 with Stargardt's, an early onset form of macular
degeneration, and was legally blind by his mid-teens. Over the last 30
years, he has developed an extensive background in research and
understanding of assistive devices and techniques of living with low vision.
Sam is the founder and creator of The Blind Life YouTube Channel, which, is
highly regarded as the largest resource for assistive technology on the
internet. With more than 50,000 subscribers and over 700 informative videos,
Sam is recognized as an expert when speaking and presenting at national
conferences. Featured in USA TODAY, WIRED Magazine, and numerous national
and international podcasts on assistive technology, he collaborates with
tech giants like Google, SONY and Amazon, has created content for numerous
websites and participates on Microsoft's Window's Accessibility Advisory
Board. Whether he's working one on one with clients or through his YouTube
videos, Sam's goal is to help everyone live their BEST BLIND LIFES! Please
check out Sam's website at https://theblindlife.net/.

Best,

Kinshuk Tella
Board Member | National Association of Blind Students
Board Member | National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1F33Vmu6WYX4p3hewZy8yaGuS63Dlp7Qp44Zgwnuqsj
0/edit>

National Association of Blind.

--