[Ohio-Talk] Victor Reader Stream Petition

Shane Popplestone spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 06:06:34 UTC 2023

Forgive me for sharing this to the lists, but this is a subject I am
passionate about and is very important to me, and I hope, is just as
important to the rest of my federation family. Please feel free to
circulate this far and wide.
For some time now, it has become more difficult to link a Humanware
Victor Reader Stream product with the Audible book service via its
Audible Sync application. This means that it is not possible for those
people to use the Stream with the Audible book service.
Audible is one of the primary methods these days for listening to audio
books and this is undoubtedly the device on which many people choose to
hear them.
As a person that gets questions about reading devices, etc.  I often
recommend that people use the Victor Reader Stream. As of this moment,
anyone who wishes to link such a device to Audible cannot do so and
certainly the new upcoming version 3, to be released in February, will
not be supported.
I urge you please if you have a moment to sign an accessible online
petition to try to persuade Amazon and Audible to work with Humanware so
as to ensure this service is reinstated. Even if you are not a Stream
user, I would be grateful please for a minute of your time so that those
of us who use Streams on a daily basis have a chance of protecting our
listening to Audible books in the future.
https://openletter.earth/to-amazons-audiblecom-division-please-reinstate-support-for-humanwares-popular-victor-reader-stream-player-for-the-blind-and-low-vision-community-c26fcf78
Thank you for reading.
Shane Popplestone
vice president of the Ohio Association of blind students
member of the Grater Akron Chapter
member of Ohio Association of Guide Dog users
spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
blindness is not what holds you back.

www.avg.com