[Ohio-Talk] Life hacks

marianne at denningweb.com marianne at denningweb.com
Sat Jun 10 18:52:20 UTC 2023

The big topic everyone is talking about is life hacks. As we know blind
people have been using "life hacks" since they became blind. We call them
nonvisual techniques. I would like people to share a life hack that has
helped them in any part of life. We may give other people ideas. I have been
blind since birth and now I am old but I still learn life hacks that help
me.

I grew up in a family who could not afford many of the tools that were
developed for blind people. When I began cooking and needed to drain water
off of anything I use a strainer or colander. Mom always used the lid of the
pan and some blind people may do this but it didn't work well for me. Now,
you can buy pasta pots that have a lid with holes so you can drain pasta.
When I was a girl there were locking lid pans but we certainly didn't have
any.

Now it's your turn.