[Ohio-Talk] Post again fyi.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 15:44:36 UTC 2023

Greetings conventioneers,

Many of you know me quite well, that I like to joke and have fun. I believe
that laughter is the best medicine. Yes, this cliché is often true. However,
when it comes to the service that I devote to the National Federation of the
Blind; all jokes are out the door. I started my quest for knowledge and
liberation within this organization at the young age of 17. Although, it has
been many decades of work with some challenges sprinkled along the way, I
would not change anything. It was the NFB that taught me to be assertive,
independent and informed about “what it means to be blind” in a positive
manner.

The philosophy of the organization means more to me than ever before.
Blindness is not the characteristics that defines me or my future. This is
evident as I’ve served as your Ohio Affiliate President for the past few
years. There is a place in this organization for all and not a few. It is
through love, hope and determination that I will do everything to the best
of my ability to help transform dreams into reality.  There is no “I” in we
and no “me” in us. It will take all of us collectively to combat negative
attitudes and barriers.

   As we move closer to the National Convention, I want you to know that
this will be one of the greatest opportunities you will find where
networking, inspiring seminars and accessible products and technology will
be just for the blind. We will be in a majority and take it from me, “it
feels so good”. Take advantage of all it has to offer. I can assure you that
you will return with a renewed spirit.

We have a number of first-timers this year and I as well as those who are
seasoned want you to know that we are here if there is anything you need.
Suzanne Turner and Dr. Carolyn Peters will act as the first point of
contact. However, do not feel as if you cannot reach out to me for anything.

As your Ohio Affiliate President, I am so honored to attend the Convention
with you. So, to keep you up to date on the latest happenings, please keep
these items in mind:

1: If you have not Pre-registered for the Convention, you can register in
Houston starting on Sunday, July 2nd and throughout the week. Please refer
to the agenda for the location and times. You also can pick-up your
Pre-registration packets during the same times. Please have your photo
identification card with you.

2: Also, the Ohio Affiliate Caucus is on Monday, June 3rd at 5:00 PM in the
Lanier Ball Room J. All Ohio members are to attend.

3: Next, it is important that Ohio members are expected to serve at our
table in the Exhibit Hall. Suzanne and Carolyn have put together a tennative
schedule and thank you all for accepting this role. That schedule is below.
If you have concerns, please reach out to Suzanne. I know she has
accommodated some of you who had a conflict. So, thank you for your
patience! After reviewing the list , if your name is not on the schedule and
you can assist, please send us an email.

4: The Sponsor Showcase Virtual Preview will be held on June 27th at 8:00
PM. These vendors are partners of our movement and the 2023 Convention
vendors. The zoom ID: 9732565 2029 will get you’re a front row seat.

5: Congratulations to all of the 2023 Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship
recipients. Please do not forget to have your letter and keep the times and
place of where you are to pick up your grant. This is important. If you miss
your pick-up, you may be disillusioned for the remainder of the Convention.

Again, I just want to send you a note to let you know that I am proud of the
work we are doing as an organization and I am looking forward to being with
you in Houston.

See below!

Richard Payne, Ohio Affiliate President
Ohio Table: A37

Sunday July 2nd: Exhibit Hall
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Ohio Table A-37

9:00 – 10:00 AM
Barbara and Bob Pierce

Sunday: 10:00 – 11:00 AM
,  Jose Centeno and Destany Bowman

Sunday: 11:00 – Noon
Jonathan Noles and Louise Allan

Sunday: Noon – 1:00 PM
Dr. Carolyn Peters and Laurita Jones

Sunday: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Richard Payne and Volunteer

Sunday: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Suzanne Turner and Dr. Carolyn Peters

Sunday: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Molly Brockman and Paul Lyons

Sunday: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Pat McPherson and Jim Sheets

Monday, July 3rd:
Exhibit Hall: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Ohio Table: A37

Monday: 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Andra Stover and Kristin Coen

Monday: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Marianne Denning, Kinshuk Tella and Isaac Alogla

Monday: 11:00 AM to Noon
Joann Williams and Frankie jones

Monday: Noon to 1:00 PM
Marion Parker and Lucky Tony

Monday: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Emily Kiehl and Gary Warren

Monday: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Nettie McDermott and Karen White

Monday: 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Gloria Robinson and Danielle Turner

Monday: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
David and Pat Banaszak

Tuesday, July 4th
Exhibit Hall: Noon to 1:45 PM and 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Table: A37

12:30 PM  to 1:30 PM
Tomeika Hurt, Chris Sabin

7:00 PM to 8:00 PM