[Ohio-Talk] SC Parents of Blind Children Podcast

Steve Cook stanley7709 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 11:09:53 UTC 2023

Lets try this again, LOL

The National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina invites you to listen
to our current podcast! President Marty McKenzie speaks with Sonia M
Timmons, Division leader of our Parents of Blind Children Division!

You can find a direct link to the podcast at the bottom of this message.
Just search for "National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina" using
your favorite podcast platform!

We welcome you to join South Carolina Parents of Blind Children (SCPOBC).
South Carolina Parents of Blind Children is the state chapter of the
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC), a national
membership organization of parents, teachers, and friends of blind children.

We provide vital support, encouragement, and information to families and
teachers of blind and visually impaired children. We invite all parents,
relatives, educators, blind adults, and others interested in promoting
opportunities for blind children, to join with us to create a climate of
opportunity for blind/VI children at home, in school, and in society.

OUR MISSION IS TO.

.             Create a climate of opportunity for blind children in home,
school, and society
.             Provide information and support to parents of blind children
.             Facilitate the sharing of experience and concerns among
parents of blind children
.             Develop and expand resources available to parents and their
blind children
.             Help parents gain understanding and perspective through
partnership and contact with blind adults
.             Function as an integral part of the National Federation of the
Blind in its ongoing effort to eliminate discrimination and prejudice
against the blind and to achieve for the blind security, equality, and
opportunity
We encourage you to attend both virtual and on-site events with your family
and friends which helps us build community and allows you to get exposure to
resources that foster development and growth for your child. SCPOBC is run
by volunteers and looking for passionate talent to help build community and
programming for our very capable children of South Carolina.
Our first 2023 virtual Zoom event will take place on Thursday, April 13th at
6:00 p.m. and will feature speakers from NFB Successful Transition and South
Carolina Commission for the Blind. Family members are invited to learn about
services and ask questions. To register to receive on-going communications
related to SCPOBC events and programing, please text or email your name,
child(ren) names, child(ren) birthdate, phone number and/or email to
scpobcnfb at gmail.com. For questions, please call or text 704.572.0352.

https://anchor.fm/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-south-carolina/episode
s/Parents-of-Blind-Children-e2025ho

Regards,