[Ohio-Talk] Reminders about spam emails.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 13:02:34 UTC 2023

Ohio:

You may remember that from time-to-time people on this list received emails
appearing to come from the leadership, but I encourage you to pay attention
to the email and whatever signature they have. I have included a message
about this which was on the state affiliate's list.
It is important to stay vigilant looking for scam emails and diligently
double check by phone any odd or unusual requests. Also, your email address
is on your Board of Directors webpage, this is probably where the person is
getting information.

Bridgid M. Burke, M.P.A.
Executive Director of Fiscal Services
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2271 | bburke at nfb.org <mailto:bburke at nfb.org>
Pronouns: she/her

Subject: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Scam Emails

Greetings, everyone,

Last summer, when we had a different affiliate president, our members were
receiving emails that were supposedly from him, but were in fact scam emails
asking for money.  Now that I am affiliate president, I just received a call
from our treasurer that he is getting emails, supposedly from me, asking for
money.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  We are wondering if whoever is
doing this is getting names off any of our lists.  If so, should we contact
the National Office about this?  Thank you in advance.
Mark Tardif

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>