[Ohio-Talk] Legislative Alert: Please act!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:46:17 UTC 2023

>From John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

In January of this year President Biden nominated Karla Gilbride, an
outstanding graduate of Georgetown Law School who happens to be blind, to
serve as the general counsel for the Equal Employment Opportunity
Commission. Some highlights of her career include arguing a case in front of
the US Supreme Court resulting in a unanimous decision in her favor, and
winning a case in which she represented NFB member Joe Orozco before the
Federal Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit.

Recently, Karla’s nomination was reported favorably out of the Senate
Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, and we want to make
sure that Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer understands the importance of
advancing Ms. Gilbride’s nomination to the Senate floor. That is why we need
all of you to please call Senator Schumer’s office at 202-224-6542 to urge
him to bring her nomination vote to the Senate floor immediately. You can
also email Senator Schumer’s nominations director, Catalina Tam, at
Catalina_tam at schumer.senate.gov <mailto:Catalina_tam at schumer.senate.gov> .

When you call or email, you might say something like:

“My name is [YOUR NAME]. I am writing/calling to urge Majority Leader
Schumer to schedule Karla Gilbride’s confirmation vote to be the next
general counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Thank You.”

Thanks for all you do,

John

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2218 | Jpare at nfb.org <mailto:Jpare at nfb.org>