[Ohio-Talk] Join me in Congratulating our 2023 National Scholarship Finalist, Trisha Kulkarni!!!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 18:04:59 UTC 2023

Congratulations, you deserve it.

Suzanne

From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Kinshuk Tella via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 9:03 AM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Kinshuk Tella <kinshuk.tella at gmail.com>; Trisha Kulkarni <trishak.nfb at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] Join me in Congratulating our 2023 National Scholarship Finalist, Trisha Kulkarni!!!

Ohio family,

It is with great excitement that I share with you that one of our very own, Trisha Kulkarni from Dayton, Ohio has been selected as one of thirty National Federation of the Blind scholarship finalists!!!

Many of us know and love Trisha, but for those that do not know her, she has been serving as the President of the National Association of Blind Students for nearly three years now, along with many other prestige’s positions such as on the NFB National Steering Committee, Resolutions Committee, and more.

Trisha recently completed her bachelor of science in computer science at Stanford University, and is returning to Stanford in the fall to obtain her masters. During this past year, she has been working tirelessly at the Louisiana Center for the Blind in a 9 month intensive blindness skills program, and will be graduating from LCB next week. This summer, Trisha will be interning under the chair of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, where she will be working to improve the fairness of employment discrimination cases.  This incredible opportunity takes her to Washington DC! Looking into the future, Trisha will be pursuing a strong career in Educational Technology!

I could go on and on about Trisha’s accomplishments, but what sticks out as especially special with this scholarship is that she will be a Tenbrook Fellow. A Tenbrook fellow is someone who will be receiving the NFB National scholarship for a second time, which is a title that very few can say they hold. Trisha was awarded the national scholarship back in 2018 as an incoming first year at Stanford, and now she will be awarded it again going into her first year as a masters student.

Please join me in congratulating Trisha’s selection as a 2023 NFB National Scholarship finalist! If you are attending our national convention in July, you can expect to hear a lot more about her!

Our Ohio family is strong, with a great diversity in talent. Trisha is an example of such talent, and we are all so so proud of her for what she has done, and equally what she will do in the future!

To learn more about the 2023 scholarship class, please check out this link:

https://nfb.org/about-us/press-room/celebrate-outstanding-blind-students-2023

Best regards,

Kinshuk

--