[Ohio-Talk] Happy Memorial Day!

walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 02:42:55 UTC 2023

Greetings All,

Memorial Day is a day where we eat bar-b-cue and celebrate the beginning of
summer, but there is a deeper meaning for this day. We honor and celebrate
the lives that has past on. We recognize the lives of:

1.	Beloved family and friends that taught us the legacy that we
represent and is building today.
2.	The soldiers that have given their lives to protect the Democratic
life style we enjoy today.
3.	The community leaders that organized our religious, education and
cultural beliefs.
4.	Civil rights leaders that advocate and exemplify that we are all
equal.
5.	Disability rights leaders that show and preach that what some people
call imperfection is perfect in God's view and that we should all believe
and live our lives accordingly.

This is just to name a few. We all have been given examples to pattern our
lives after, good and/or bad, it is up to the individual to decide which
path to take. These things makes us individuals. Our ancestors has also
shown us the things that can unite us, for example, blindness and diabetes,
the things that we did not choose  for our lives. It is up to all of us to
embrace the things that unite us so that we can continue the legacy of
equality, honor and respect.

So, on this day remember those that has come before you, and celebrate the
things that they gave us to keep us together. We love honor and respect
them, and may they have rest and Peace!

And Watch your Carbs!

"Blind love is the answer, today, and for our future!"

Sincerely,

Walter Mitchell

President, Ohio Diabetes Action Network

(513) 250-2432

 <mailto:Walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com> Walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com

Purpose:

The Diabetes Action Network Educate, Empower and Inspire blind and visually
impaired people to independently and confidently manage diabetes!