[Ohio-Talk] 25 Years Ago

Eric blind5dtn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 02:08:09 UTC 2023

It was 25 years ago today that Dr. Jernigan died. His messages and teachings are still part of the glue that holds the fabric of the Federation together today. People, places, and things do not last forever, but if they are a part of you, if they are in your mind and in you heart, they are never really gone. If you are part of the Federation, and you have not heard one of Dr. Jernigan’s speeches, listen to one as soon as you can. They are still timely and relevant to the work of the organization today.

In December of 1998 several of us traveled to Baltimore for his memorial service, and I am glad we did. Remember Dr. Jernigan saying that if someone speaks your name fifty years after your death, you  made a true impact on the  world. His name will be spoken long after that by the blind of the nation and the world, just as we still speak of Dr. tenBroek today.

Eric