[Ohio-Talk] Washington Seminar2024

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 10:41:00 UTC 2023

Good morning,

This is a very early notice to email me off list with your desire to attend
the Washington Seminar in 2024 with the Ohio delegation.
We may be taking a larger delegation next year depending on a few things to
consider never the less email me off the list and copy Suzanne Turner and if
you are chosen to attend, we will communicate that to you.
Please remember to join the meeting tonight hear you then.

Washington Seminar
At our Washington Seminar, members of the National Federation of the Blind
convene to learn about and advocate for legislative initiatives that will
improve the lives of blind Americans.
 Approximately three legislative initiatives are chosen for priority
attention each year. These initiatives, which form the Washington Seminar
priorities, are based on the official positions of the NFB adopted at the
national convention and can address concerns related to civil rights,
educational programs and services, rehabilitation of the blind for
competitive employment, the operation of vending facilities by blind persons
on public property, specialized library services for the blind, the
organization and funding of federal programs, Social Security Disability and
Supplemental Security Income programs, and other timely topics.
The first Washington Seminar took place in 1973. Today, more than five
hundred people from the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto
Rico typically attend.
Dates and Location
Monday, January 29 through Thursday, February 1, 2024
Holiday Inn Washington Capitol - National Mall
550 C Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024
To book a room for the 2024 Washington Seminar please use our dedicated
Booking Link
<https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/select-roomrate?fro
mRedirect=true&qSrt=sBR&qIta=99801505&icdv=99801505&qSlH=wassm&qCiD=25&qCiMy
=002024&qCoD=02&qCoMy=012024&qGrpCd=NF4&setPMCookies=true&qSHBrC=HI&qDest=55
0%20C%20Street%20S.W.,%20Washington,%20DC,%20US&srb_u=1&qRmFltr=> , or call
877-834-3613 and provide our group code, NF4. The room rate for 2024 is
$188.00 per night, and the deadline to make a reservation is Sunday,
December 31, 2023.
Schedule
Great Gathering-In-Monday, January 29, 2024
The Great Gathering-In is the very exciting opening session of the
Washington Seminar. It will take place Monday afternoon at 5:00 p.m. ET and
adjourning promptly at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Congressional Appointments-Tuesday, January 30 through Thursday, February 1,
2024
Congressional appointments should be made for Tuesday, Wednesday, and
Thursday.
together to help blind people live the lives we want.

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
blindness is not what holds you back.