[Ohio-Talk] Research invitation

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:16:38 UTC 2023

The following research invitation has been approved by the NFB Research
Advisory Council.

Researchers at the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) are conducting a
study to document the accessibility challenges that blind, low vision, and
deafblind people experience while using websites and mobile apps in daily
life. We are looking for participants to fill out a series of daily diaries
sharing your experiences with websites and mobile apps in real time.
To qualify for this study, you must be:
*	A person who identifies as blind, deafblind, or having low vision;
*	At least 18 years old;
*	Living in the United States; and
*	A person who uses websites and/or mobile apps daily with assistive
technology.
We are asking interested individuals to fill out this brief interest form,
and we will select 20-25 people to complete the diaries to get a balance of
experiences. If you are selected to complete the diaries, you will be asked
to spend 5-10 minutes each evening answering questions on a short online
survey for 10 consecutive days in November 2023.
Those who are selected and complete all the diaries will receive a $40 gift
card.
We'll use what we learn from the diaries to better understand the types of
daily tasks that present barriers on the Web and with mobile apps and how
those barriers affect you. We will use the information to help policymakers
and technology developers understand how to make websites and mobile apps
more accessible.
For more information and to fill out the interest form for the study, click
here:
https://afb.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8kKBJXIhf6rjdr0
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Arielle Silverman, director
of research, at asilverman at afb.org <mailto:asilverman at afb.org> .

Rosalba Ramirez Carranza, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, American Foundation for the Blin

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
blindness is not what holds you back.